Wednesday, August 10, 2011

rail trip




since friday last i have been on every mode of public transport imaginable. i traveled from Waterford to Dublin by train with a stop over in Dublin for 3 hours, where I took a trip to IMMA where I saw "Out of the Dark Room: The David Kronn Collection" well worth a visit. From there I went west to Mayo for a wedding with my good friend Alan. Was way too hungover to stroll around Castlebar with my camera which is a pity cause there are some great spots in the town. I will return although not too soon, its a long trip on the train. 
From Mayo I went back east to Dublin for a meeting with the Creative Campus crew. This was held in the Big Picture in Tallaght which is the venue that we will occupy for 3 weeks to create site specific works relating to the building and the surrounds. The event is curated by Matt Green, Stuart Sloan and Joan Healy. There are 18 artists involved in the initiative all interested in using different technologies which they may not have used before. It is a collaborative initiative aimed and bringing different artists from different backgrounds eg music, photography, performance, animation... to name but a few to help and learn from each other. We have been divided in to 3 groups of 6 and each group given a floor. It all kicks off on the 29th of August so should keep me busy for 3 weeks. more information to follow. Above are some photos from my rail trip, there are more on my flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment