Monday, July 11, 2011

Passage East



Another Summer photowalk with the PhotoNerds Camera Club. Luckily the rain held off and I was quite happy with some of the shots I took. Was a fairly murky day all in all, but I find that defused light is sometimes perfect for the results I look for! it brings out the different tones in the natural colours we encountered along the walk.

We started by trekking up the Hurt Hill which is not only a tough old climb up all those steps but is VERY green. At the top there is a converted church, it seems to be a holiday home of some sort but there is noone there at the moment and was obviously the home of the infamous goats which where stolen recently as there was some load of droppings around the place. Great view of the village from up there too.

We then went down to harbour with a focus (no pun intended) on up close shots to really pay attention the composition of our images. I got some interesting images involving the moss on the walls and the tires hanging there to stop the ferry from running into the wall and played around with close ups (well as close as I could get with a kit lens). The photo above is my favourite from the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment